18 August 2022 with Namrata Sharma
The Earth Charter International at the University for Peace in Costa Rica is hosting a series of Masterclasses. Participants can sign up for any number of sessions.
The masterclass with Namrata Sharma is developed to engage participants with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 4.7, which seeks to foster global citizens by 2030.
This class aims to:
- Provide an introduction to what global citizenship is, and what it means to be part of a global community;
- Explore some approaches to teaching and pedagogy, including from less widely known perspectives;
- Make connections between global citizenship education and the Earth Charter;
- Engage with practical ideas and support for teachers who want to introduce global education into their practice (including guides, resources and further readings);
- Provide links to networks of researchers and practitioners working in the field of global education, and related areas.
Click here for more information on all classes.
Related Post: Value-creating global citizenship education and the Earth Charter: Integrating diverse perspectives within the UNESCO-led practice of GCE.